Sunday, August 10, 2008

Chateau de Vianden-Luxembourg

Our first glimpse of the Vianden Castle. The bus dropped us off
close to the Village of Vianden. But it was still quite a ways to walk to
the village.
Before our journey up the steep hill. Alex said after we climbed to the top,
"who wants to storm the castle after that climb"

The Castle Vianden
Constructed from the 11th to 14th century on the foundations of a Roman fort and a Carolingian refuge. In the 1800's, the castle was sold off piece by piece. In 1977 the Grand Duke of Luxembourg transferred ownership to the state and it was restored.The village of Vianden-a view from the tower.
The weekend we visited the castle, a medieval festival was occurring, although some of the costumes worn were questionable.

A last remnant of the walls surrounding the village and castle.
The end...for now. Thanks for viewing our blog page. We love visiting all these
beautiful and wonderful places and sharing them with you.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey I am going to be moving to Bernkastel for a few months....do you have any tips on finding flats??? sooo hard. you can e-mail me on sazzj14@hotmail.com thanks so much x

Unknown said...

Hi, I saw your blog anda on comment about your last name FRUBER..is it correct? Please if your last name is Fruber contact to me because my last name is Fruber... I live in Brazil and I'm looking to someone with this name around the world but it have been so hard.
my email is: mrcleandro@hotmail.com